About Us - Parishioners, Clergy
Our parish was founded in 2001 by Fr. Ljubomir Kupec of Houston. In those days, services were held about twice per year. In summer of 2007, Fr. Cassian Sibley began serving Liturgy once a month. In October, 2008, Fr. Aidan (Keller) begin serving Liturgy regularly in the single-wide trailer chapel. By summer of 2010 we had met our goal of acquiring a permanent place of worship, and in January 2011 regular services began at our current church and Orthodox center at 1701 Peridot in Pflugerville, just a few blocks north of Austin. Our next major goal is the stocking of our new food bank, the securing of additional pledges, and the finishing of the handpainted, gold-leaf icons for our new Russian-style iconostas (completion: January 2012). Bishop Peter of Cleveland will come to bless the beautiful new church late in 2011 or early in 2012.
Meet our Clergy: Fr. Aidan Keller
Fr. Hieromonk Aidan (Keller) was assigned in September 2008. Father lived in a monastery from the age of 19. He was originally ordained priest in 1993 for an old-calendarist church in south Austin. He was received into the canonical Russian Church in 2008 with regularization of his ordination. Father's secular employment is to assess reports of abuse and neglect for Family Protective Services. The author of numerous books on Orthodox faith, history, and liturgy, Father formerly taught Latin in Austin's public schools.
Fr. Aidan can be reached on his cell at (512) 696-6890 or by email at email@example.com.
Please contact Fr. Aidan directly with any requests for baptisms, weddings, funerals, house blessings, car blessings, or to obtain a free presentation on Eastern Orthodox Christianity for your group or class.
above: icon of the Protection of the Most Holy Mother of God and Ever-Virgin Mary